Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Thanks for a great year -- MFTWSC125 --Lawn Fawn Chall # 58

Hi there! 
My daughter came home from school on Monday and asked if I could "draw" her.  I told her that I don't really draw, but I can find an image that looks like you and I can color it like you!
So, here's my older daughter as a digi complete with her "Arrietty buns."  (Arrietty is from the Borrowers movie and my daughter loves that fun hair!  Kind of like Princess Leia for those of us who are a wee bit older!!  :) :) :)  Ok, I am 36, but who's counting!??!
This card is going to be for her teacher on the last day of school.  (Only 9 more days!!!)

I LOVE this GIANT sentiment!!   I know, I know... I was a teacher and I am always making cards for the teachers and I am always buying teacher stamps... what can I say...?   Old habits are hard to break!!


Here's the sketch:


 This cute and fun image is School Days Girl from
Jennifer Nilsson @ The Doodle Garden Shop on etsy.
She has a bunch of fun little cuties to color and if you liked my sweet little honey bee from last month she is the artist.   You can find her critters @ her etsy shop or @ MFT.


Supplies:
Stamps: "A Good Apple" from Lawn Fawn
Card stock: Blue from recollections
Lemon Drop from MFT 
Melon Mambo from SU!
Notebook paper by a-muse studio
Paper: Simple Stories
Blueprints 3 from MFT for the layered flower
Fishtail flags from MFT
Baker's Twine by Sew Easy 
Hemp cord by bead landing
Copics

Thanks for looking and have a GREAT day!! 

PS ---these are the pants from Gymboree that my daughter was wearing that day!
I really did try to make it look just like her!!  ;)  ;)  ;) 
Tee hee!!  :) :) :) :)  

26 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this sweet little girl! I may have to add her to my collection. You did a wonderful job transforming her into your sweet daughter! I always always LOVE your coloring! The layout is great on this card and I also Love that notebook paper. Everything about this is awesome and I can only imagine how touched her teach will be to receive such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, Tina!! I 'm so glad you LOVE her!! It was a work of HEART, that's for sure!!! Seeing my sweet JC on paper is wonderful!!! :) :) :)

      Delete
  2. My fav card so far! Hope her teacher loved it too and I agree, the big THANKS sentiment is awesome! Great job wootwoot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda!! :) :) Hopefully, I am getting better with each card I make!! :) :)

      Delete
  3. OMGoodness! How perfectly sweet! I love how you colored her in and those pants are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenn!! I love that you came by to check her out!! This image is a FAVE and I am so glad you have such sweet characters to color!!! :) :) :)

      Delete
  4. What a cheery card....I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet is this. Love the inspiration pants! Adorable. Your card is fab and colored flawlessly!

    Thanks so much for joining us at the Lawnscaping challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laurel!!! :0 :) :) I hope it was clean and simple enough for the challenge ~~~ clean and simple is not really my specialty!! :) :) :)

      Delete
  6. oh so cute!!! i love how you did the pants to match :) the pants are adorable and i love the little layered flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even the pants match! !! Hee hee♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie, you know I can't help it w/ the kids clothes! :)) :))

      Delete
  8. Aww, She is Absolutely ADORABLE!! Love your Awesome Coloring and Fabulous matching of your Daughter's Gymboree Leggings! Love this! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Shannon!!! :)) :))

      Delete
  9. Nicole, your card is a blast!! How fun that you fashioned your image after your daughter! The sign of an artist is when they see fun art in everyday things!! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks, Darnell!!! :)) :)) This image has my heart for sure!! :)) :))

      Delete
  10. This is super sweet! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping! Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karin!! :)) :)) Hope it was clean & simple enough!! :))

      Delete
  11. What a darling image, beautiful coloring, and awesome sketch....fabulous design, Nicole!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you!! :) :) I'm so glad you stopped by!! :) :)

      Delete
  12. Gorgeous coloring! Wow! Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christiana!!! :) ;) :) It was my pleasure!! That new Lawn Fawn teacher set is SO AWESOME and right up my alley!! :) :) :) I LOVE the giant sentiments in there!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to write me a note!!!
~~Nicole~~