Friday, January 10, 2014

I Love Honey -- Tea Tower -- YNS Fun Friday


For my BLOG CANDY post, please click HERE

Hi Everyone!!
Happy Friday to YOU!!!
I have a super sweet image for you today
from YNS and the Omnia designs digital line of stamps!!

Here is I Love Honey and I really wanted to make a gift with him!!
The best thing about digitals is that you can size them to suit your needs,
so I thought that I would make a gift basket of something yummy to go with honey...
Well, what goes really well with honey...? Delicious fluffy Buttermilk Biscuits!!!  :) :) :)
YEP!!  That's the first thing I thought of!!  Nom, nom, nom!!  Crumbs flying everywhere!!  LOL!!
But, the weather here and EVERYWHERE has been so frigid and crazy cold that I thought a TEA TOWER 
would be a better gift in this cold weather instead of the basket of yummy warm biscuits that I was dreaming of!!!

I saw this same design on Tracy Mac's blog HERE and the SCS tutorial for it is HERE.
I changed mine up a teeny bit and used washi tape around the lid instead of DP
so my measurements on the lid don't match up with the tute. 

Here is the lid with a bow instead of a rosette.
I was going to use my rosette die to make the pretty topper, 
but this brand new die which was a Christmas gift was calling to me!!

Here are the colors that I used and I added some Distress Stickles to the honey.
Upper left quadrant: shades for the fur & table
Lower left quadrant: heart, bee, and shadow
Lower right quadrant: the colors of honey
R11 was used on the tag (not pictured)



We have a Valentine's themed inspiration pic on the YNS challenge blog for the entire month of January!! Or... you can choose to play along with the sketch.  Hope you can find the time to play along with us for a chance to win a fabulous YNS gift voucher or a guest design spot with the rubber stamp team.

Side view of the Tea Tower wrapped with some ribbon
that I had from when I made the girls hair bows.

I am entering my TEA TOWER gift box into the following challenges:
All Crafts: Dec/January
Crafty Boots: Anything Goes
Artistic Inspirations: Anything Goes
Loves Rubberstamps: Anything Goes
Crafty Cardmakers: #107 Bear with Me
Delightful Challenges: Patterned Paper
Crafty Girls Challenges: #9 Anything Goes
The Crafter's Cafe Challenge: Anything Goes
Crafty Creations Challenges: Something to Drink
Crafting for All Seasons: All Things Bright & Beautiful


To all my blogging buddies...
I have been so scarce out on the blogs
this week preparing for sooooooooo many posts
that are happening over the next month!!  You will 
be surprised to see posts from me every day next week!!
2 posts on Tues, 2 on Wed, Th, Fri, Sat, Sun... you get the idea!!
That's why I have been completely M.I.A. and fell off the earth (again!!)
I'll be back to visit all of you in no time @ all and get caught up with all of you!!
Thank you so much to my lovely blog friends who always pop by for a visit!! xoxo

40 comments:

  1. WOW!! This is wonderful Nicole. Such a fabulous design. I love the cute and beautifully coloured image. Gorgeous Doodlebug papers and the bow looks amazing! This really is so inspiring.
    Take care
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome creation? Just love it

    Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous project Nicole! I keep all my tea in a canister not as pretty as that! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a fabulously bright image on such a dull day!

    Thanks for sharing this little cutie with us

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New year to you and your family Nicole, gorgeous project, love the little image and this makes a lovely gift. Hope the weather warms up for you, l have just seen film of frozen Niagera Falls on the news, it looks amazing. Take care and keep warm x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely darling project, Nicole. Glad to hear you have been busy stamping. Can't wait to see all your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Love this Nicole. Looks like a lot of work I absoluly love the bow on top. Amazing !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a fabulous creation, I love the bright colours and the image is adorable. Love the texture you've created on the bear and honey! I might have to give a tea tower a go, thanks for the inspiration.

    Thanks so much for joining in with my challenge at CCM&M.

    Feebsy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab make Nicole, great design and I Love Honey is so cute. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute. I think I am going to make one!!! I love the image and the bright colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nicole I love the tea tower, perfect for the weather we've been having. And the pink and red colors are so cheerful and girly! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bwah hahahahaha.....you've exactly described how I eat biscuits! Wonderful tea tower. So cute!

    And if you look at your lower picture, as a head....it looks like a stick girl. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!! you clever lady, if I pop over can we share a cuppa :o)) now that would be a special cup of tea eh!
    Beautiful inspiring creation.
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so professional Nicole - love it! And that bow is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is sooo ADORABLE. LOVE it Nicole.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful project, thanks for sharing it with us at Artistic inspirations.
    Don't forget we have a blog hop going on at the moment.
    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very sweet. Thanks for playing along at Loves Rubberstamps.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is an awesome creation sweetie. Love the cute image and the vibrant colours. Look forward to seeing more of you next week. Lol!!!

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. so so gorgeous love those Doodlebug papers. Fab coloring
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning gift love it. Many thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspiration with our anything goes /blog hop challenge Hugs Txx(DT)

    ReplyDelete
  21. omg this is so cute i love your project, the image is so cute and the colouring is fab, Thanks for joining in at Artistic Inspirations Pam DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful creation and lovely image used. Your design is very impressive. Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons and we hope to see you again soon...good luck in the challenge...luv aNNie [DT]

    ReplyDelete
  23. Now with my DT shoes off, I have joined your blog as a new member. Love what I see here...luv aNNIe

    http://annieforeva.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely wonderful project and such beautiful details :-) Now I just want some biscuits though!
    Wow, you have been busy - can't wait to see it all!
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great project!! Love the papers and image. Thanks for joining our Patterned Paper Challenge at Delightful Challenges.

    ~~Chris
    DC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous project Nicole and I just love the cute teddy in the honey pot....fabulous colouring and papers and love the bow on top..
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. beautiful colors, loved your card, super cute, Thanks for Joining the Anything Goes ~Loves Rubber Stamps Challenge. Hope to see more of your amazing Cards in future challenges.. Hugs Larelle-Susanne DT

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love these tea holders and have been wanting to make one. With so many of my friends with colds I better get busy! I think the bear with the honey is perfect and love the addition of the stickles!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your tea bag holder is absolutely gorgeous, Nicole!!!! I just love that sweet image and it's colored to perfection...I can almost taste that honey!!!! The bow is a real beauty, too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Super cute Nicole! Your tea bag holder is so pretty and I love your coloring! I would love to make one of these because they are such a wonderful gift! So happy you are playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps! Have a wonderful week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. OMG! I am swooning. This is so the cutest ever. Love the fabulous bow, box and image. Thanks for joining us here at Loves Rubber Stamps this week. Good Luck and Tons of Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fab idea and great colouring, thanks for joining us at CCM. Jules DT

    ReplyDelete
  33. How sweet! I love the little tea holder and that image is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a adorable card. Love your design. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Delightful Challenges. Denise

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi, Nicole, This is another truly delightful design! Very nicely done! Thanks for joining us this week at the Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  36. Awww your tea tower is super cute and although I never met a biscuit I didn't like, tea in cold weather works REALLY good. Your little honey bear is sweet as can be and I love the way you added the washi tape and that cute bow on top. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Who wouldn't love honey with their tea?? I LOVE it! I may have to make one as a gift so time and just hope it turns out half as beautiful as your's!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wonderful project, what a sweet image. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting for all Seasons, and good luck.
    Cindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  39. Fabulous creation... it is Gorgeous....Thank you for joining us at Craft my life Challenge... Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to write me a note!!!
~~Nicole~~